I’m writing to call on everyone to live a low-carbon life. As we all know, the more and more serious global warming has led to terrible results: climate changes, all kinds of novel diseases etc., which threatens the existence of animals as well as humans.
The main cause behind it is that humans burn too much coal and gas for heating, traveling and production. What’s worse, they cut down trees limitlessly, which can take in carbon dioxide and give out oxygen.
In order to improve the situation, we must do something before it’s too late. Firstly, we can go to school by bike to reduce our carbon footprint. Secondly, we’d better use reusable bags and bottles. At the same time, we should try not to waste any paper or electricity. In addition, we may use renewable energy, such as solar energy and wind power. Plus, we can also help by planting trees and taking care of them.
It’s everyone’s duty to protect our common home. Let’s start doing what we can to make the world a greener, cleaner place!
I’m writing to raise your awareness of water conservation. There’s no enough water for people to live on. Many people lose their lives because they have no access to clean drinking water.
But we are still wasting water and polluting water. We are still cutting down trees so that there’s nothing to keep water from running away.
Water is the basic source of life, without which there would be no life. So it’s high time we took steps to protect water from being polluted or wasted. Governments are supposed to make laws to reduce water pollution. As to us ordinary people, we can reuse water. For example, water used to wash vegetables can water plants; water used to wash clothes can rush the toilet. Besides, it’s not necessary to take showers every day and keep your shower time as short as possible. Only if everyone raises awareness of water conversation can we avoid making our planet worse.
- on behalf of the Students'Union, we are writing this letter to raise your awareness of...
- call on sb. to do
- urge people to do
- We are concerned that...
- ... take some time to break down
- global warming
- threaten the exisitence of animals as well as humans
- have no access to clean drinking water
- One of the reasons for this is...
- the main cause behind it is that
- burn too much coal and gas for heating
- traveling and production
- take the follwoing steps
- be well worth doing
- take ... into consideration
- recycle water
- order less
- take leftover food home
- reduce daily food waste
- save millions of people from starvation
- we would like to suggest...
- we hope that you will consider...
- in order to improve the situation, we should
- have a low-carbon life
- reduce our carbon footprint
- use renewable energy, such as solar energy and wind power
- make laws.
- Everyone is responsible for...
- let's take action now
- it's everyone's duty to do
- it's high time that we should do/did